Thursday 1 April 2010

I may be gone for some time

Well two weeks actually, but I need a break from posting.
I have plenty of ideas for some painting in week one, hoping to be inspired by the work of Fancis Davison.
and Margaret Mellis whose home town I will be visiting for a week.
What is curious is that her artwork only blossomed after her husband died, it must be terrible to be hamstrung by someone you love. Life it appears is all about the compromise. Alongside the painting will be some invigorating sea walks judging by the weather forecast! As well as rereading The Rings of Saturn by W.G Seabald a cliche I know to read about somewhere whilst you are there but I really enjoyed it the first time round. And if that was not enough excitement I will be breaking my no alcohol at home fast and visiting a number of excellent pubs, oh and fish and chips. I think I may be spending some time in the gym on my return! as well as attempting to spring clean the house and visit some shows, before returning to work for some well earned rest!

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

Have a fantastic time and I hope you get the inspiration you seek. Also, I hope you will share the paintings when you get back.
Fish and chips at a pub sounds wildly exotic. Enjoy and Bon Voyage!
xxoo

materfamilias said...

I must echo LBR -- have a wonderful time and I do hope you'll post some photos of your painting when you get back.