Tuesday 30 November 2010

It started with....Otazu

This photograph. I have for some unknown reason turned my nose up at costume jewellery, not for me the trappings of gilt and faux pearls, I want the real thing. I did not even get my ears pierced until I was 18 and that was only because my glamorous older boyfriend at the time wanted to buy me jewellery! For myself my first earrings were a sliver of turquoise dangling from a silver hook, I love vintage but I love semi precious stones more, I was a huge fan of bangles until children took over, I can no longer wear them and so donated them all to Mother.
Since then I have managed to afford my addiction by making my own necklaces but recently I feel there has been a bit of a gap in my collection and after a few choice words with myself realised that actually costume could be good.
I have now begun a scrapbook of desires in an effort to focus my eye when shopping, starting with these awesome beauties from here






What I particularly love is the attention to detail, even the catches are lovely.




4 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

YES!! There are MANY of these necklaces that I would like to add to my collection. And I am a bangle gal. I usually have on a set of about 15.

materfamilias said...

Drool!
I love cuffs but then find I'm always taking them to write -- I suppose I could avoid that problem if I just wore them on my left arm, but I seem to want them mainly on my right. . .

jo said...

i say, the chunkier the better! they are all so gorgeous.

Mardel said...

you have chosen some beautiful necklaces. I am just beginning to wear a few bangles, always prefering cuffs in the past. I am trying to train myself to go for the left wrist due to the same writing difficulty as Mater. We'll see.