Wednesday 20 April 2011

Fragments of beauty









There is for me no more beautiful place on earth than Cambridge, the history, the tradition, the architecture, all add up here to a place of considerable beauty. I do not ever feel the same about Oxford, despite the years my mother lived and worked there, I have never felt a connection like the one I feel for Cambridge, even their colour blue is nicer!

Like Oxford though the colleges face inwards and so to discover the beauty you have to walk through a dark doorway past the porters lodge into a world of cloistered beauty. Look up and you will be rewarded by intricate stone work, walk into the chapels and you will be rewarded by stunning stained glass, it is all there you just have to uncover it.

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

Your eye and your technical skills delight, but they also make me very envious. I wish I had a tenth of your ability to capture what you see -- Lovely photos.