Wednesday 18 May 2011

Berlin... It's all about the architecture

What I absolutely love about Berlin is you can walk just about anywhere and find the most amazing Juxtaposition of modern with old, this brilliant example is the German Historical Building. I did not have time to go in but will next time we stay for longer.


The radio tower as seen reflected in the hotel bedroom window.



The government offices look beautiful reflecting the blue sky, Berlin has had temperatures consistently 10degrees higher than Istanbul this spring!



Above is the view from the gallery's 3rd floor, well worth the climb!



This is a French church built by French Huguenots who clearly brought there skills with them, unlike German Baroque this church is a triumph of understatement.



Much of what I love about Berlin as well as the architecture is the yellowness of their public transport system, which for me makes it more photogenic. I guess I would not feel the same if yellow prevailed across our TFL!

No comments: