Tuesday 31 May 2011

Chelsea Flower Show.... rain stops play

I have come to work just to load these photographs, I had taken them on a memory stick to load up at home, but I don't know what's the matter with me at home but I just cannot sit down and do this there. Either I get a constant stream of interruptions from Emin or Leyla demands attention with menaces, which is fine I guess, so operating as a only good enough parent I have abandoned the kid's to there own devices and slunk back to work to bring you a week of Chelsea Flower Show, which already seems a long time ago.

Yes rain did stop play, I knew it was going to be a sartorial fuck up when I saw the weather forecast, I did hope it was wrong, but forewarned is forearmed and the Great British public left sartorial style back home and wrapped themselves up in polythene bags. I did get a few shots though but they will be posted later this week.


A general round up

I Loved this amazing 'room of my own' made up of recycled gym floor boards and even a prison door which was apparently purchased via eBay!


Nothing recycled about this garden celebrating all things Monaco, the garden was amazing in a kind of Joan Collins way but my favourite view was this.



I have a pond already but loved this ideas of a pond in a beautiful glazed ceramic vessel, this stand was stunning and I just stood and gazed for ages, which was the bonus of going alone, I was able to just take in so much more.

In the background you can see evidence of people wearing polythene bags...Why?


BBC coverage saturates the schedules during the Flower Show so you can't walk more than 2 meters without tripping over cables and crew alike.



Nothing comes between the English and a picnic, nothing!



Rain may have stopped my play but not others, who sat watching the band playing through rain, hail and gusting gale force winds. Hip Hip Hooray!

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

even with the rain, I want to be there! Your photos are glorious, as usual.

James Killough said...

Thanks for the link. I had thought we'd lost you as a reader, and was a bit saddened. That blue sofa thing in Monaco is delirious.