Wednesday 15 June 2011

Tate Modern

The lighting was very way too tricky for my poor iPhone to deal with and yet curiously I quite like the softness of the edges, they create a sort of stillness in a place that was actually very frenetic. I saw many people snapping, I don't know if the rules have been relaxed, however I am more interested in how the public interact with the art so would only get away with the phone anyway. I saw some wonderful artwork it was as always a great inspiration and wished I had a little longer than I did, it was a busman's holiday sadly but hopefully if I can get this trip sorted I will be back next month.


























4 comments:

materfamilias said...

We saw the Miro exhibit at the Tate Modern, and the Orozco before that, and I asked about photo-taking -- was given the go-ahead in both cases. Personally, I just wish they'd outlaw those stupid headsets that make visitors feel they're in a parallel universe where only they and the artwork exists, so it's okay to step right in front of anyone else.

indigo16 said...

I Completely agree, they are the gallery equivalent of hard sell insurance, overpriced and completely unnecessary.

materfamilias said...

Plus what about the experience of figuring out a painting on one's own? Some info is useful, research is great, yes, but I'd hate to have my perceptions guided from the very start.

Seth said...

This is a great series. Focusing on the viewers is always fascinating. And loving that Twombly and that Richter as well!