Tuesday 31 January 2012

Howard Hodgkin and some new scarves

I don't have a particularly long wish list as I tend to go with the flow when it comes to topping up my wardrobe. However I have lusted after and searched for a long time a spotty scarf, I have even tried the fabric shops on Broadwick street in the search. Having given up I then find not one but two lovely ones. The first is from Zara, in the sale a bargain £10, it's my favourite colour and I particularly love the irregularity of the spots. Its nice and big in a soft cotton so perfect for the summer. I then realised that it bore a resemblance to Howard Hodgkin's paintings, which I am a fan of too. He has an astonishingly comprehensive website if you want to see more here.


Then whilst lurking in TKMaxx I saw this gorgeous number, another bargain it is silk and wool and was only £20, but better than all of that it is by...Clements Ribeiro, my favourite pattern makers ever. How lucky am I?







And just how close to this painting is it? So I have two works of art to wear this spring!

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

Wow! Those are both great, but I especially love the red one -- and it's uncanny how closely it matches the spirit of that painting!